Requests must be for persons that DIED in BRANCH COUNTY.
Death records are open to the public. Death Certificates are filed in the county where the death occurred. You can obtain a death certificate for anyone who died in Branch County. Please fill out the Death Certificate Request Form below, and mail it to the Branch County Clerk with the appropriate fee. You can also search the Death Record Index to see all death certificates on file with the Branch County Clerk.Death Certificate Request Form
- $20.00 for the first certified copy.
- $5.00 for each additional copy of the same record, ordered at the same time.
- Non Certificate Copies $5.00
- The flat rate for a copy printed from Microfilm is $10.00. Be advised that the information available varies from year to year. Certification of the microfilm record is $10.00 extra.
- The NON-REFUNDABLE search fee for any vital record is $20.00 for a 10 year search. If a record is found, a certified copy will be sent to the requestor.
How to Pay
Cash or Money Order only: Payable to Branch County Clerk.
No Personal Checks. If received, will be RETURNED back to you.
Please supply us with a self-addressed Stamp Envelope
Branch County Clerk
31 Division St.
Coldwater, MI 49036