You must apply at the County Clerk’s Office in the county where one of the applicants resides. The license can then be used anywhere in the State of Michigan. Please note that you must be 18 years or older when applying.
Both Parties must be present to apply for the Marriage License.
Out-of-State applicants must apply in the county where the marriage ceremony will take place.
To apply for a Marriage License, you will need:
- Driver’s License or State issued ID card
BE ADVISED – The address on the ID presented must match the address on the marriage license application.
- Certified Birth Certificate
- Social Security number
- Has either party been divorced within the last year? If yes, we will need to see the Judgment of Divorce.
- $20.00 for State-Residents
- $30.00 for Out-of-State Residents
Please fill out the Marriage License Application to submit to the Clerk’s office at the time of application or use the form below.
County Clerk’s Office
31 Division St
Coldwater, MI 49036
Marriage License Application
Social Security numbers for both applicants required at pickup