Animal Bites

What do I do if an animal bites me?

If you are bitten by an animal and it breaks the skin you need to report it so a Bite Report can be completed and submitted to the Health Department. You can report it to Animal Control 517-639-3210, your local Police Agency or to the Health Department 517-279-9561. If the bite occurs after office hours then you need to call 911 so they can dispatch an Officer or a Deputy to take the report. All bites need to be reported immediately so the mandatory 10 day quarantine can be started.


Animal Shelter

Mon – Fri 9am-1pm

Machine does NOT take messages.
ALL Emergencies Call 911


375 Keith Wilhelm Dr
Coldwater, MI 49036

Due to a staff shortage we may be closed during our normal hours.